We have partnered with TalkingPoints to provide educators and families with a valuable communication tool. TalkingPoints is a non-profit organization focused on family engagement through preferred language translation in multilingual communities. TalkingPoints takes an educator's message written in English and sends it to families in their chosen language. Likewise, messages written in any language are delivered to educators in English.
Families can expect to be contacted by MPS educators through TalkingPoints often. It is recommended that families download the app so teachers' messages will be delivered and organized on the dashboard. The app is particularly useful for families with multiple school-aged children as it displays the names of each student's teachers. Families who do not log into the TalkingPoints app or website will receive messages via text message.
Please view the instructions below to get started.
- Why is the TalkingPoints app asking for a class code?
- Why is my student's teacher reporting that my phone number is invalid?
- I signed up for the TalkingPoints app and now I am no longer receiving text messages
- Why are other people in my family receiving messages about my student?
- Why am I not receiving any communications via text or in the TalkingPoints app?