About Mrs. LaPlante
Education: BS in Sociology
from Bridgewater State College
MA in Elementary Education from
Grew up: Lynn, Massachusetts
Birthday: April 15
Married: Married on June 27, 2009
Resides: Manchester, NH
Years Teaching: 6
Years at the Marsh: 2
Years in 4th grade: 4
About Mrs. Mace
Education: BS in Education from Ball State University
in Muncie, IN
MA in Education with Reading Emphasis from
California State University at Fullerton
Grew up: Suburb of Indianapolis, IN
Age: Think I’d really answer? Let’s just say over 30…
Birthday: November 4
Years Married: 7
Children: 1 daughter: Skyla Kaye born 3/07
Years Teaching: 14
Years at the Marsh: 6
Years in 4th grade: 4
Welcome to the 4th Grade!
We will be your teachers for this year! Mrs. Mace will be your teacher for Language Arts (reading & grammar) and Science. Mrs. LaPlante will be teaching you about Math and Social Studies.
We are going to learn about many new and exciting topics! In September you will be investigating different types of plants in science and exploring the regions of the United States in social studies, specifically the Northeast. For Language Arts, you will be learning how to write letters as a way to discuss what you have read, and in math, we will review place value and decimals.
Writing will be done in your homeroom class.
This year for MCAS, along with the ELA and Math, you will have to write a five paragraph personal narrative.
We plan to also write a mystery story, a biography paper, and a “how-to” essay, along with others.
Mrs. Mace’s homeroom is 138
If calling by phone, the extension is 6138
Email address is email@example.com
To contact us:
Mrs. LaPlante’s homeroom is 137
If calling by phone, the extension is 6137
Email address is
Mrs. LaPlante & Mrs. Mace Webpage
There are issues with the website when using the browser Fire fox. Using Internet Explore should be fine when connecting to the links.
A big thank you to those companies who participated in our celebration with their very generous donations!
1. The Preservation Society of Newport County: 2 complementary admissions
to any one of the Newport RI mansions
2. Skywalk Observatory: 4 admission tickets
3. Ecotarium: 2 family passes
4. America’s Stonehedge: 2 general admissions
5. Mass Audubon: 5 free admission to Broad Meadow Brook
6. Thomas W. Burgess Society: 2 adult admission tickets & a book
7. The Paper House: Family admission
8. Coco Keys Resort: 2 complimentary day passes
9. New England Lighthouse Tours: Child’s tour ticket
10. Salem Historical Tours – child and adult ticket
11. National Baseball Hall of Fame – 2 admission tickets
12. DeCordova Sculpture Park – 2 passes
13. Avedisian Farm - $20 gift certificate