Methuen High School
Core Values, Beliefs, and Learning Expectations
- Creativity and Innovation
- MHS provides opportunities for students to cultivate the skills necessary for global competency in the changing world of the 21st Century.
- Students will have the opportunities to take rigorous courses, with high expectations for all.
- Students will receive the support to develop as critical thinkers, collaborators, and problem solvers.
- All areas of school contribute toward promoting civic responsibility and good citizenship.
- Honoring diversity is a cornerstone of MHS life.
- Critical toward student success are wellness, social, psychological, and emotional growth.
* Student progress in each learning expectation is reported via comment codes on second and fourth quarter report cards.
Guiding Research-based Resources:
Review and Revision Cycle
NEASC recommends that each "school regularly review and revise its core values, beliefs, and 21st century learning expectations based on research, multiple data sources, as well as district and school community priorities." The MHS community engages in this revision process every four years and is currently reviewing its core values. Administrators, teachers, students, parents, and community members who have reviewed the resources linked above are encouraged to take part in this review.
Core Values (established through the 2017 review and revision cycle)
Beliefs (established through the 2017 review and revision cycle)
Students learn best when they take responsibility and pride in their education and character.
Student learning should be supported by partnerships between the school and extended community.
All students have the potential to achieve in rigorous courses.
Honoring diversity is a cornerstone of a safe and rewarding learning community.
Creativity, innovation, and ingenuity should be fostered through instructional support which encourages authentic problem solving.
Social, psychological, and emotional well-being promote student success.
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THE REVIEW OF OUR 21st CENTURY LEARNING EXPECTATIONS BY TAKING THE FOLLOWING SURVEY: