posted Oct 7, 2015, 11:09 AM by Christopher Reeve
Hello CGS families,
We had a great opening to school this year. All the teachers and students are fully back into their routines. We have a lot of things going on at the CGS. Here are just a few...
- The CGS PBIS team (comprised of teachers, support staff and administrators) attended implementation workshops in Worcester, MA. The workshops guided the team in determining strengths and weaknesses within our first year of implementation. The school philosophy is, “CGS is the BEST” and includes behavior expectations within the school, playground and buses. We will continue to collect data and make adjustments as we proceed with implementation.
- The upper school will be having its first grade 8 field trip on 10/21. We will be headed to Crescent Farms in Bradford, MA where activities will include a hayride, ice cream, pumpkin picking and a team-building corn maze activity. We are also looking forward to a visit from Essex Technical School on October 28th as they will be presenting information about their high school to our 8th grade students.
- We will be dedicating a new fitness area located on the back field on October 13th. The fitness area was granted to us by Project Fit America through a partnership with Lowell General hospital and is the first of its kind in MA!
- We have a new suggestion box in the main office for parents and students. I wanted to provide an additional way to solicit ideas for our school or share concerns.
Some date to keep in mind:
- Oct. 12 no school
- Oct. 15 SEPAC Meeting at the CGS
- Oct. 16 Progress Reports
- Oct. 31 CGS 5K
Always feel free to give me call if you have any questions or concerns.